Saturday 15 October 2011

Velvet Atelier

Anna and Mike of Velvet Atelier have recently joined Alfies. They stock the finest pre-1950's collection of clothing, limited designer pieces and they also have a vintage bridal section.



I asked Anna a few questions...

How did your interest in vintage fashion develop?
When I was about 15 I loved unusual clothes and hated mass-produced items. I spent all my teenage years browsing in charity shops and developed my own style from there... Vintage comes with history!



Who is your style icon and why?
I do not have a style icon, I love 1940's glamour, so if I had to choose it would have to be Elizabeth Taylor. She looked so much like my Mum.



What is your favourite piece?
It has to be the 1940's bright green crepe dress. It is so amazing - I do not want to part with it!

The aforementioned dress was not available to photograph, so above is another favourite dress of Anna's.


What is the oldest item you have for sale?
Probably the 1860's reception gown. We have about a hundred 1920's dresses!


Above: A bridal dress dating back to the late 1800's


What is your price range?
Prices start from £40, with the 1950's dresses starting at the lower end of the price range. The majority of 1920's dresses are about £150 - £250.




And finally, tell us about the fabulous decor of your stand
I'm a big fan of opera. I always wanted to have a shop with a similar feel. And here we go!


Velvet Atelier, stand S007/S009.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...